Excel University Volume 3 Now Available!
Amazon link: amazon.com/dp/1500399434
The third installment in the Excel University series picks up right where Volume 2 leaves off. At the end of V2, we used many features and functions (SUMIFS, EOMONTH, data validation, concatenation, named references, DATE, and so on) to build a formula-based report. In V3, we build the same report without writing a single formula! We build it with the PivotTable feature.
The first section of V3 covers PivotTable fundamentals. The second section explores the report layout and design options that enable us to replace our formula-based reports when appropriate. The third section expands our view of the Excel reporting process, and examines ways to efficiently obtain external data, prepare it for use, and summarize it with reports and graphically with PivotCharts and other features.
Here are the chapters:
- Chapter 1: Overview
- Chapter 2: Selected Shortcuts
- Chapter 3: PivotTable Basics
- Chapter 4: Row Fields
- Chapter 5: Value Fields
- Chapter 6: Column Fields
- Chapter 7: Filter Fields
- Chapter 8: Updating Data
- Chapter 9: Groups and Subtotals
- Chapter 10: Value Formats
- Chapter 11: Report Type Comparison
Working with PivotTables
- Chapter 12: Options
- Chapter 13: Report Layout and Design
- Chapter 14: Multiple Value Fields
- Chapter 15: Calculated Fields
- Chapter 16: Calculated Items
- Chapter 17: Show Values As
- Chapter 18: Sorting
- Chapter 19: Filtering
- Chapter 20: Hybrid Reports with GETPIVOTDATA
Obtain > Prepare > Summarize
- Chapter 21: Web Data
- Chapter 22: External Data
- Chapter 23: Text Files
- Chapter 24: Data Preparation
- Chapter 25: Accounting System Data
- Chapter 26: Getting Graphic
I hope the content in this volume helps you get your work done more quickly…and remember…Excel rules!
I still have some things to do and am continuing to work hard on this volume. Over the next several weeks, I’ll be releasing the book that includes the Excel 2010 screenshots, working on the Kindle versions, and launching the related online course. I don’t have exact release dates yet, but am working as fast as I can and will keep you posted!
If you'd like to be notified when I write a new Excel article, enter your name and email and click SUBSCRIBE. You can unsubscribe anytime, and I will never sell your email address.