I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Excel University Volume 3 online course!
This online course teaches the content of Volume 3 through online videos, homework activities, quizzes, and includes instructor-moderated forums in case you get stuck. It picks up right where Volume 2 ends.
The topics include PivotTables, external data, PivotCharts, and more. We compare formula-based reports to PivotTables and discuss the pros and cons of each. We examine the PivotTable capabilities that enable you to replace formula-based reports when appropriate. Plus, we use Excel’s built-in web browser to retrieve data from web pages. Wait, what? Yep. Excel has a built-in web browser! Here is all of the fun stuff we cover:
- Chapter 1: Overview
- Chapter 2: Selected Shortcuts
- Chapter 3: PivotTable Basics
- Chapter 4: Row Fields
- Chapter 5: Value Fields
- Chapter 6: Column Fields
- Chapter 7: Filter Fields
- Chapter 8: Updating Data
- Chapter 9: Groups and Subtotals
- Chapter 10: Value Formats
- Chapter 11: Report Type Comparison
Working with PivotTables
- Chapter 12: Options
- Chapter 13: Report Layout and Design
- Chapter 14: Multiple Value Fields
- Chapter 15: Calculated Fields
- Chapter 16: Calculated Items
- Chapter 17: Show Values As
- Chapter 18: Sorting
- Chapter 19: Filtering
- Chapter 20: Hybrid Reports with GETPIVOTDATA
Obtain > Prepare > Summarize
- Chapter 21: Web Data
- Chapter 22: External Data
- Chapter 23: Text Files
- Chapter 24: Data Preparation
- Chapter 25: Accounting System Data
- Chapter 26: Getting Graphic
Also, for fun, this course includes unlockable content, just like your favorite video game! When you make an achievement, you unlock a surprise. So cool!
This volume is the best one yet, and I hope you enjoy it!
And remember, Excel rules!