Excel University Webinar
Excel Reports: PivotTables or Formulas
There are usually multiple ways to accomplish any Excel task, including building reports. For example, we can use PivotTables or formulas with functions such as SUMIFS. So, which is better? Should we use formulas or PivotTables? In this complimentary webinar, we examine this issue by comparing the pros and cons of both types of reports. Knowing the key differences will help you select the appropriate report type based on your workbook.
Attendees receive a free e-book to keep for reference 🙂
There are five live sessions plus an on-demand version for those with scheduling conflicts.
Register for one of the free one-hour live sessions:
Tue Aug 14 @ 1p CT Wed Aug 15 @ 10a CT Wed Aug 15 @ Noon CT Wed Aug 15 @ 2p CT
- Thu Aug 16 @ 3p CT
- The registration page has a time zone converter to make it easy to see these in your local time.
- Jeff Lenning CPA presents these sessions live, in real-time and you can submit questions.
- This complimentary webinar is not offered for CPE credit
- Webinar registration includes a complimentary subscription to the Excel University blog
If you have scheduling conflicts with the live dates, please watch the free on-demand version now through August 24, 2018:
- The on-demand version starts immediately and will start at the beginning.
- If you don’t have time to watch it now, click the On-Demand Version button above and enter your name and email. The system will email you a link that you can use to launch the webinar anytime between now and Aug 24, 2018.
- Although the button on the registration page says “Join Webinar in Progress” it will start at the beginning.
- This complimentary webinar is not offered for CPE credit.
- Webinar registration includes a complimentary subscription to the Excel University blog.
Pssst … pass it on!
Know someone who would enjoy this webinar? Please send them a link to this page!
Additional Information / Webinar Agenda
This webinar focuses on comparing the pros and cons of formula-based reports and PivotTables. There are several key differences, and it is important to understand them so we can pick the right option for any given workbook.
Here is our agenda:
- We’ll get started by building a formula-based report with the SUMIFS function
- Next, we’ll recreate that formula-based report with a PivotTable
- Finally, we’ll compare 4 key differences between these two types of reports, including refresh, new items, labels without data, and structure limits
I’ll then talk about getting certified in Excel with the Excel University Graduate Certification program (40 CPE credits available).
Free e-book! Attendees will receive a free e-book to keep as a reference.
Have you decided to skip the webinar?
If so, no worries … but while you are here, please subscribe to our blog to learn Excel free via email. You’ll be notified of new Excel articles and blog posts.