Excel University Webinar
Stop Pasting and Start Using Power Query
Do you know the #1 command used in Excel? Paste … that’s why it is the first icon on the Home tab.
But, Excel has come a long way in the past 3 decades. We can gain a LOT of efficiency by getting and preparing data with Power Query instead of pasting it.
In this complimentary 60-minute webinar, I’ll introduce Power Query and demonstrate how it can help you get your work done faster.
Attendees receive a free e-book to keep for reference 🙂
Please watch the free on-demand version now through June 22, 2018:
- The on-demand version starts immediately and will start at the beginning.
- If you don’t have time to watch it now, click the On-Demand Version button above and enter your name and email. The system will email you a link that you can use to launch the webinar anytime between now and June 22, 2018.
- Although the button on the registration page says “Join Webinar in Progress” it will start at the beginning.
Pssst … pass it on!
Know someone who would enjoy this webinar? Please send them a link to this page!
Additional Information / Webinar Agenda
Often, Excel users use the Paste command to get and prepare data. For example, we export data from an accounting system into a CSV file, and then do a Copy/Paste to get it into the Excel workbook. Then, if the data needs to be cleaned up, for example we need to reorder the columns, we may Cut a column and Paste it into the desired location. Paste is great, but, it is a manual step. In this webinar we’ll look at how we can use Power Query to get and clean data and eliminate these types of manual steps from our recurring-use workbooks.
To explore Power Query, we’ll do these things:
- Unpivot summarized data
- Get data from a csv file into Excel
- Reformat data
- Pick and choose rows and columns
- Combine many csv files into a single Excel table
And, we’ll do all of them without Pasting 🙂
I’ll then talk about how to learn more about Power Query and earn 12 CPE credits while doing so.
Free e-book! Attendees will receive a free e-book to keep as a reference.
Have you decided to skip the webinar?
If so, no worries … but while you are here, please subscribe to our blog to learn Excel free via email. You’ll be notified of new Excel articles and blog posts.
Notes for both live and on-demand sessions:
- Webinar registration includes a complimentary subscription to the Excel University blog
- These webinars are not offered for CPE credit