Excel University Webinar
VLOOKUP vs SUMIFS
Battle of Excel Heavyweights
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the main event. In this corner, with an impressive 30-year career, introducing the champion of Excel lookup functions: VLOOKUP. In the opposite corner, the challenger: SUMIFS.
In this complimentary 90-minute webinar, we’ll talk about these two functions and compare them head-to-head. Plus, we’ll talk about getting certified in Excel. It will be a battle of two Excel heavyweights. Who will win? Join us and find out … ROUND 1 … FIGHT!
Attendees receive a free e-book to keep for reference 🙂
There are four live sessions plus an on-demand version for those with scheduling conflicts.
Register for one of the free live sessions:
- May 1 @ 2p CT
- May 2 @ 10a CT
- May 2 @ 2p CT
- May 3 @ 2p CT
- The registration page has a time zone converter to make it easy to see these in your local time.
- Jeff Lenning CPA presents these sessions live, in real-time and you can submit questions.
If you have scheduling conflicts with the live dates, please watch the free on-demand version now through May 10, 2018:
- The on-demand version starts immediately and will start at the beginning.
- If you don’t have time to watch it now, click the On-Demand Version button above and enter your name and email. The system will email you a link that you can use to launch the webinar anytime between now and May 10, 2018.
- Although the button on the registration page says “Join Webinar in Progress” it will start at the beginning.
Pssst … pass it on!
Know someone who would enjoy this webinar? Please send them a link to this page!
Additional Information / Webinar Agenda
In this webinar, I begin by introducing the VLOOKUP function. It is probably the most popular Excel function. Then, I introduce the conditional summing function, SUMIFS. After these brief introductions, I compare them in a 5-round competition. We perform the same task twice, first with VLOOKUP and then with SUMIFS. This allows us to dig into the key differences and understand which one to use in a given situation.
The 5 rounds compare these items:
- Multiple matching values
- No matching values
- Different data types
- Column order
- Returning text values
I’ll then talk about getting certified in Excel with the Excel University Graduate Certification program.
Free e-book! Attendees will receive a free e-book to keep as a reference.
Have you decided to skip the webinar?
If so, no worries … but while you are here, please subscribe to our blog to learn Excel free via email. You’ll be notified of new Excel articles and blog posts.
Notes for both live and on-demand sessions:
- Webinar registration includes a complimentary subscription to the Excel University blog
- These webinars are not offered for CPE credit