Excel University 90-Day Dash
Learn how to cut the time you spend updating workbooks in half
- Learn how to optimize your workbooks in 90 days
- Work through 12 assigned Excel lessons
- Complete one lesson per week (2-4 hours per lesson)
- Receive a weekly email to keep you on track during the Dash
Who should attend?
- Busy professionals who want the biggest impact in the shortest time
- Excel users who want to be more confident in their skills
- Excel users who feel too busy and want to streamline their work to have more free time
- Professionals who want to leverage technology to work smarter
- General Registration: Open
- Registration Closes: Friday at 11:59 pm CT
- Dash BEGINS: Monday!
- 90-Day Dash $98
- 90-Day Dash for CPAs (44.5 CPE) $148
- Provides a 3-Month Campus Pass
What You Get
In 90 days, you'll learn key Excel skills and achieve the biggest wins in the shortest time.
3-Month Campus Pass
Access to the on-demand videos and files so you can pause, rewind, and change video playback speed.
- 3-Month Campus Pass
- Includes access to the videos and files for all 32 Undergrad and Masters lessons
- * If you register for the CPE option, credit must be earned within 3 Months. Complete the 12 assigned lessons to earn 44.5 CPE.
Weekly Dash Email
Each Monday of the Dash, receive an email that identifies the goals and the specific assigned lesson for the week.
- We focus on one lesson per week for 12 weeks
- Plan to spend 2-4 hours per week
- Week 1: Selected Shortcuts, Named References, Tables, Data Validation
- Week 2: Conditional Formatting, Better Summing, Skinny Row, Hide Worksheets, Input Cells, Organization
- Week 3: SUMIFS, Remove Duplicates, Lookup Basics VLOOKUP
- Week 4: MATCH, VALUE, TEXT, INDEX
- Week 5: IFERROR, IF, List Comparisons, ISERROR, Multicolumn List Comparisons COUNTIFS
- Week 6: Indentation, Lookups with SUMIFS, EOMONTH, MONTH, YEAR, DATE, Concatenation, SUMIFS with CONCATENATE
- Week 7: Dynamic Headers, Horizontal Reports, Mapping Tables, Data Validation, Improving ErrorCk, Concepts Applied
- Week 8: PivotTable Basics, Rows, Values, Columns, Filters, Updating, Groups, Subtotals, Formats
- Week 9: Report Type Comparison, Options, Report Layout and Design, Multiple Value Fields
- Week 10: Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI introductions, nominal relationships
- Week 11: Additional transformations, split, demote, transpose and measures, ranking relationships
- Week 12: Additional transformations, unpivot, and measures, time series
- Note: the Dash guides you through the 12 most critical lessons, but you do have access to all 32 campus pass lessons so you can explore these as desired during the Dash
Access to Live Calls
Access to our Office Hours so that you can ask questions not only about the training but also about your own workbooks and any other Excel questions.
- 3-Month access to live Office Hours with Jeff
- 3-Month access to live Study Halls with our TAs
- 3-Month access to live Student Advisor meetings
Excel University Certifications
You also have the ability to earn Certifications to place on your LinkedIn or resume/cv by completing all 32 lessons during the dash (not just the 12 that are assigned).
- Excel University Graduate Certification - when you complete the Undergrad lessons
- Excel University Masters Certification - when you complete the Masters lessons
- LinkedIn - instructions for adding your certification and requesting a recommendation from me on LinkedIn
Learning Style Optimization
Our lessons are optimized for four common learning styles so you can learn using your preferred format(s).
- Visual learners - the lessons are taught using pre-recorded lecture videos and demonstrate how to perform each lesson in Excel
- Auditory learners - the lecture video incorporates the instructor's voice and explanations, plus students have access to live Study Halls and Office Hours for interactive discussions
- Reading learners - lessons include written narrative and explanations of what is discussed in the video, plus all videos are CC captioned (English)
- Kinesthetic learners - lessons include hands-on practice exercises specifically designed to demonstrate and reinforce what is taught in the lecture videos
Community & Accountability
Instant access to a community of other Excel users learning and growing just like you. Plus, you can use the scheduled Study Halls as a way to stay accountable to our TAs for making forward progress.
- Study Halls - put these live events in your schedule to hold you accountable
- Office Hours - meet with other students on Zoom during Office Hours
- Student Union - 24/7 access to a community of other Excel users doing exactly what you are doing and learning exactly what you are learning
Choose Your Own Adventure
Chart your own course to success by focusing on topics that are new and important to you (and skipping items that you already know or are not relevant to your work).
- Lesson Navigation - the basic lesson sequence is designed so you can work through the lessons in order ... but you are free to skip around as desired
- Gamification - if you choose to play the optional games, they will motivate you to keep making forward progress and offer a fun way to apply what you learned
- Practice Makes Perfect - use the exercise files to practice what you learn, but since they are not graded or turned in, you can skip the hands-on for topics you already know
Student Success Guarantee
Registration comes with our Student Success Guarantee.
Unconditional 30-day refund: 30-day full refund. Any reason. Simple.
Don't Take My Word For It
All Plans Include:
- 3-Month Campus Pass (valued at $228)
- Access to our Live Group Calls (valued at $598)
- Excel University Certifications (valued at $598)
- Community & Accountability (valued at $598)
- Total value: $2,022
90-day access to videos and files.
One-time payment. No recurring fees.
90-Day Dash (44.5 CPE)
90-day access to earn 44.5 CPE.
I'm Not Ready - Maybe Later
If you aren't ready to register, add yourself to the waitlist and we'll be in touch!
How long do I have access?
- You have full access to all materials during the Dash (90 days).
- For students looking for continued access after the Dash, we'll email options at the end of the Dash.
- You essentially have several options including a monthly subscription, 6 month pass, or annual subscription (which is billed annually at the equivalent of $39/mo). For the CPE version, we offer only an annual subscription to extend access.
CPE Credit for CPAs
- 90-days access to earn CPE.
- CPE is issued at the completion of each lesson.
- The 12 assigned lessons provide 44.5 CPE.
- The registration page provides additional CPE information, such as recommended CPE hours, delivery format, learning objectives, and more.
Do I have to be at a certain skill level?
- I've intentionally designed the Campus Pass to help Excel users at all levels. Here's how. The lessons proceed in order, starting at the beginning. But, students can skip around to lessons as desired. For example, if you already know VLOOKUP you can skip that video and related exercises.
Will the training be too difficult?
- I have implemented everything I learned about teaching Excel over the past decade. And as a result, I use common language to explain concepts rather than trying to make myself sound smart by using techie terms and acronyms. I use everyday plain language to make the technical topics easy to understand. I teach each topic in a specific order so that skills are introduced at exactly the right time (not too early) and each lesson builds on the last. That way, there is nothing introduced that is a difficult surprise.
Which version of Excel is required?
- The core skills taught in the undergraduate lessons are available in most Excel versions, including Excel for Windows, Mac, and online. However, the automation skills taught in the masters lessons require a fairly modern version of Excel for Windows that includes Power Query and Power Pivot.
How much time will it take?
- Given that students arrive with different experience levels and goals, it is hard to say for sure. Some students want to watch all videos, complete all exercises, all extra credit exercises, read all text, review all of the additional resources, complete all puzzles and gamification elements, and so on. Whereas some students simply want to watch the videos. I've designed the program so that you can choose your own adventure. You can work through the material as fast or slow as you'd like ... at YOUR own desired pace. It is really up to you.
Can't I just figure all of this out on my own?
- Well ... maybe ... but that will take way to long. As Steve Jobs said, Time is our most precious resource. My training program is designed to help you learn Excel in the most efficient and effective possible way.
- Instructor: Jeff Lenning CPA
- Recommended Software: Excel for Windows (2013 or later)
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study (on-demand)
- Expiration Date: 3 Months
- Refund Policy: full refund within 30 days or until you earn any CPE
- Field of Study: Computer Software & Applications
- Access Begins: Immediately
- Certificates of completion: Download with a passing exam score
- Recommended CPE for the 12 assigned lessons: 44.5
- Materials: all materials are digital (no printed textbooks)
- Objectives: State 3 core Excel features, Recall 3 core functions and their arguments, Identify 2 tools that help automate Excel.
- Complaint Resolution: contact us at 949-200-7688 or [email protected]
- Official Registry Statement: Excel University, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual programs for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website nasbaregistry.org.