14 New Excel Functions CalCPA Article
Microsoft recently introduced 14 new functions for Excel—they are sure to help you save some time. We’ll start with a short description of each and then jump into some demonstrations.
- TEXTSPLIT: splits text into columns and/or rows based on one or more delimiters.
- TEXTBEFORE: returns the text before the specified delimiter.
- TEXTAFTER: returns the text after the specified delimiter.
- VSTACK: combines multiple tables into one table by stacking them vertically.
- HSTACK: combines multiple tables into one table by stacking them horizontally.
- TOROW: converts a table into a single row.
- TOCOL: converts a table into a single column.
- WRAPROWS: converts a single column (or row) into a table, going across then down.
- WRAPCOLS: converts a single column (or row) into a table, going down then across.
- TAKE: returns only the specified number of rows (or columns) from a table (beginning or end).
- DROP: returns all but the specified number of rows (or columns) from a table (beginning or end).
- CHOOSEROWS: returns the selected row or rows from a table (in any order).’
- CHOOSECOLS: returns the selected column or columns from a table (in any order).
- EXPAND: expands a table to a specified number of rows and columns.
To view the demonstrations and learn more about each function, check out the Full Article Published in CalCPA Magazine.
Excel is not what it used to be.
You need the Excel Proficiency Roadmap now. Includes 6 steps for a successful journey, 3 things to avoid, and weekly Excel tips.
Want to learn Excel?
Access all Undergrad and Masters lessons with a Campus Pass or CPE Pass. Includes on-demand training plus live office hours.
Leave a Comment